Thursday, February 14, 2008

January 2008 Newsletter

Congratulations, you've made it to 2008!Just think, a new year, new possibilities, new blessings, new mercies, you get the point.**First things first: THANK YOU for your support during 2007. God showed me so many friends that I didn't know I had. I wouldn't be an author without readers so thank you for the blessing.**I do have a request this year. Please pray for my cousin, Alonso Dunlap, who will be deployed to Iraq. I met this beloved cousin as a result of my genealogy search. **Although my 2008 cover for Talk to Me isn't available yet, check out some of Urban Christian's 2008 covers. Hopefully, mine will be available soon. http://www.uchisglorybookclub.net./**Here are some great videos from YouTube. The Wedding Dance.**Don't check into a hotel without seeing this. Hotel Beware
Top 10 Predictions for 20081.The Bible will still have the answers.2. Prayer will still work.3. The Holy Spirit will still move.4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.MORE
WHAT MADE MY DAY IN DECEMBERAlthough I have no idea how my sales have gone so far, I can rejoice with some good news: Every hour Amazon lists the top 100 book sales in different categories. For example, I have labeled Guilty of Love as: African-American fiction; African-American romance; Christian fiction; Christian romance; Women's fiction; Multicultural, etc.Two weekends this month I made the list, barely at number 93, but I MADE IT.I was in the company of Dee Henderson, Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick--all heavy hitters who dominate Christian Fiction marketWith each passing hour, other titles sold better so that eventually my book was pushed back to who knows what number. It was unbelievable, but there's more.
Meet one character from Talk to Me, my November 2008 release.This is my maternal great-grandmother Rhoda Brownlee Wilkinson (1870-1926).Although my research on Rhoda continues, I'm excited about sharing information I've uncovered about her so please keep checking my website or blogs. The links are listed at the bottom of this newsletter.As promised, here's the first sneak peek at Talk to Me before my editor sees it: Click excerpt.
NOT JUST A BOOK STOREThat's the actually name of a new bookstore in St. Louis. Stop by and meet co-owner Connie Creek. She and her husband, Richard, held their grand opening December first. Their cash register was ringing as new customers were mingling, eating, and reading new books off the shelves.Their location is 5892 Delmar, St. Louis, Mo 63112. The store is five blocks east of one of St. Louis' hot spots--The U City Loop. Give Connie or Richard a call at 314-31-9955 about ordering a book or holding a book signing.
Do you have friends who would enjoy receiving my monthly updates? Forward this e-newsletter and have them sign up at http://www.patsimmons.net/ patsimmons.blog.comAlso visit me at:http://www.facebook.com/www.myspace.com/patsimmonsauthorwww.shelfari.com/patsimmons http://www.talktomebooks.blogspot.com/

No comments: