Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2008 Newsletter

I hope that everyone will have a safe and happy 4th of July. Enjoy the fireworks, but don't get burnt.I have to say I've had time to reflect the past month. One thing is for sure.I will never look at an ambulance or emergency vehicle the same way again. The sirens and flashing lights will always remind me of the one that rushed to the accident scene where my son and his friend laid injured.
Now, I pray when the paramedics arrive, they will find life and not death. Good News...Thanks everybody for your calls, visits, and emails concerning my son, Jared. He is recuperating and will undergo months of physical therapy.
He told me, "Mama, I never saw a miracle until now." To see a few pictures from the accident scene. Jared.
On June 4th...My husband and I celebrated 25 years of marriage. We thought about having a celebration party, but with the events of last month that is on hold, but the best anniversary gift was my son's life.
To see 25 pictures. Anniversary.

Three months until the release of my second novel, Talk to Me.Meet Rhoda Wilkerson. Read the latest excerpt at TALKTOMEBOOK.blogspot.com
YOU CAN PRE-ORDER YOUR COPIES AT A DISCOUNT NOW ON AMAZON!

Pat Simmons book signings for July.
Friday, July 11th, 5:30-7:30 pm
Shrine of the Black Madonna
13535 Livernois Ave
Detroit, MI (call and RSVP and tell friends to come & support me)
Saturday, July 12th, 1-4 pm
Barons & Noble
13955 New Halls Ferry Road
Florissant, MO (call and RSVP and tell friends to come & support me)
Saturday, July 19, 2008, Noon- 5 pm
The McLean County Urban League presents: Author Showcase
Illinois State University Student Center
Normal-Bloomington, IL 61790
Contact: Tony Jones 309-242-4049

I'm happy to announce that fellow friend and Christian author Michelle Larks is coming to St. Louis.
Keeping Misery Company is selling very well and I'm hoping St. Louis readers will come out and support her signing on Saturday, July 26, 2008 at Not Just a Bookstore, Delmar at Hamilton, just east of the U-City Loop.

No comments: